- Do you think children and adults have different opinions on things?
- Is it important that politicians represent every different view point? Why do you think this is?
- What issues affect children more than adults?
- Is it enough if politicians are parents? Can they speak for their children?
- Do children and teenagers have enough experience and maturity to be in government?
- Do adults understand what children want and need?
- How would it affect a child’s life to be a politician?
FACT: Mhairi Black, the newly elected Scottish National Party Member of Parliament is 20 years old. She is the youngest MP since 1667!!!
FACT: Under-18s make up roughly 1/5 of the UK population